This type of transportation requires an agreement at the level of the company, the vehicle as well as a training for the staff.
Body transportation requires specially equipped vehicle (refrigerated system) to enable taking charge of a deceased before they are placed in a coffin.
In case the body has not received conservation cares, the transportation operations must be completed within 24 hours after the time of death.
In case the body has received conservation cares, the transportation can be effectuated within 48 hours.
Transportation of a body not placed in a coffin to a place other than the residence of the deceased or that of a relative is authorised by the mayor of the municipality.
Transportation of a body that is not placed in a coffin is subjected to:
- The request of every person having quality to provide for the burial upon documentary evidence of his civil status and place of residence.
- The preliminary recognition of the body by this person.
- The written agreement of the director if the death occurred in a retirement home or in a health care establishment.
- The written agreement of the head doctor or his representative from a public hospital, the regular doctor from a private institution or the doctor who confirmed the death if it occurred outside a medical facility.
This mode of transportation is made upon request by:
- Family members
- Funeral services
- Police during a requisition
We also offer transportation for body that are placed in coffins for repatriation in France or foreign countries.
Jeannot Ambulances offer its services 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for all distances.
We take care of all administrative procedures.